Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-05-2016 , 02:53 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Adobe Premiere CS6 performance issue

Hey everyone, I'm having a performance issue with premiere cs6 and haven't been able to find a solution via Google or much luck with a response in any Video Editing forums. Thinking someone here might have a solution, or an idea of what's going on. This is also happening in After Effects, which I am worried will affect a motion graphics project I want to start working on.

So the problem is terrible performance in cs6. I upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled everything. Went to render a few 10 minutes videos and they're taking up to 10 hours. After upgrading to Windows 10 I lost Cuda support, so I manually added this back (GTX 560), I've also tried not using CUDA to see if that would change anything, but alas no change. I can't even do real-time playback while I'm editing, which makes my projects near impossible to edit. I checked my preferences and have my memory set to only reserve 3 gigs of ram for other applications out side of Adobe.

On Windows 7 and cs5.5 I would have rendered these videos in 20 minutes tops. For reference, the ONLY editing done to these was audio syncing, which I did manually so no outside source and no video effects.

I attached a screen shot of my processes and the renderer in in the background (this is using encore, but it's the same performance issue in both). As you can see, it's not even close to using all the capable resources, and nothing I do seems to boost this up.

Thanks for any help. This has been driving me insane!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-05-2016 , 08:54 PM
Lifetime Member
I don't use Premiere CS6 or AE but it seems there are isses with rendering out projects that include AE comps. Try a duplicate of the project and

remove the comps
Disable Neatvideo effects (denoiser etc)

You can also make sure you are running on high performance power settings

Just select High Performance profile in Control Panel \ System and Security \ Power

If all this fails try the software rendered and see if you get an improvement

# 3 20-05-2016 , 09:07 PM
Thanks! I will give that a shot tonight. I will let you know the outcome.

# 4 21-05-2016 , 02:26 AM
No luck, turned on high performance and I have no effects. Still running at 20-30% CPU and 4/24 gigs

Last edited by Ozgalis; 21-05-2016 at 05:55 AM.
# 5 21-05-2016 , 07:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Try these few more things, then I'm out of suggestions...

- Turn off CUDA / Mercury playback and just render our one clip.
- Turn on CUDA as per the link below

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/959495

-The only other thing I can think of is a similar issue I had with an FX 6300 processor where the CPU cores were 'parked' resulting in massive slow down. Go to your Resource monitor and on the side by the CPU's you should see each core and whether they are parked or not. Core parking is used to shut down cores when they are not needed, looking at your CPU graph it looks like the CPU is not working efficiently.

You can try and disable core parking as detailed below to see if it helps, but make a note of the original settings so you can restore them. Also make a backup of your registry before you change it. Some AMD CPU's don't core park properly.

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-har...d-10162-a.html

Other than that I'm out of suggestions, sorry.

edit - Oh and try a different codec as well.

Last edited by halfloaf; 21-05-2016 at 08:02 AM.
# 6 24-05-2016 , 01:53 AM
Activated CUDA per the link, and my CPU isn't in 'parked' mode. I am going to try converting the files and see if that changes things? I have no idea what's going on.

Thanks for the tips man.

# 7 24-05-2016 , 02:43 PM
So it has to be something with the codec or format of the RAW footage. It's MOV, but when I take the h.264 rendered clips I can scrub through the timeline and do real-time editing no problem. So it must be something to do with the raw footage causing problems. I will have to convert all footage to something more acceptable by Premiere in the future I guess.

Thanks again for helping me out. The CUDA thing worked great, I had to manually add it into the cuda file for Premiere every time I turned my computer off before, now that is permanently fixed via that link.

# 8 24-05-2016 , 08:47 PM
Lifetime Member
Glad it worked, and good to know it was codec related. Is the rendering time any better?

# 9 26-05-2016 , 12:14 AM
HUGE difference, I tested h.264 HD 1080p 29.97 (used this preset but as YouTube 29.97 from the RAW footage and it was crazy 10 hour render times) was going to take about 10-15 minutes to render out a 1,715mb file. Tried with MPEG2 Blu-ray, same thing...about 10-15 minutes to render another 1700mb file. I haven't tried any other formats, but this is enough to make me think that the raw .mov footage is either bad and has some issues, or that Premiere just doesn't handle MOV files well.

Grabbed a screenshot, even the CPU's are finally running at full potential. There is just something weird about MOV files, it's got to be lol.

Thanks again for the help.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Ozgalis; 26-05-2016 at 12:18 AM.