Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-03-2005 , 09:55 PM

First 2 NURB models

Hey guys!

I dont know if ya'll remember me....but I am finaly down here in FL attending Fullsail for computer animation, and I just wanted to share with you my first 2 NURB models I did for class. We didn't spend very much time with NURBS...just this MC class and then we do one more on organic models...then forget NURBS and head further into Poly's and SubDivs

But here they are .....Comments and Crits are very much welcome user added image

Attached Images
# 2 26-03-2005 , 09:56 PM
Heres the render for that one

Attached Images
# 3 26-03-2005 , 09:58 PM
Here's a dumptruck I made....we had to do it with partners on seperate computers....each one does 1/2 of the truck. I did the dumpster, backend and wheels...

It was a little toy that they gave us...

Attached Images
# 4 26-03-2005 , 10:00 PM
here is the same thing after I played around with the Hypershader for the first time(didnt know what the heck I was doing)...

I just chose the same colors that were on the toy....it's crappy but oh well :p

Attached Images
# 5 27-03-2005 , 12:29 PM
for the first models they are pretty good,and i like th truck its funny,but change the coulors....................:rambo:

# 6 28-03-2005 , 05:58 AM

Originally posted by samurai jack
for the first models they are pretty good,and i like th truck its funny,but change the coulors....................:rambo:

ya I think the colors are crappy too.....but thats how ugly that toy was.....I would never buy a toy that had those colors....let alone allow my child to play with it :p

# 7 28-03-2005 , 05:59 AM
thanks too user added image