Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-05-2008 , 12:18 AM

Spirited away

Got some free time today so am trying to model Haku from spirited away. Spent about 5 hrs so far on him hence still some probs with the anatomy. The base mesh was modeled in maya before improting into zbrush for sculpt work. I am going to create a sub tool for his maine once I get his face more detailed. I am hoping to have him finished and textured by this evening as a bit of a speed test.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-05-2008 , 12:19 AM
Wire frame

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 17-05-2008 , 06:54 AM
Just done some basic texture work.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 17-05-2008 , 09:19 AM
Jr.Who
Wow, I'm loving the look of this. I'd have to say that on top of reading Journey to the West right now, this is inspiring me to do some crazy oriental art when ZB3 hits the Mac.
user added image

# 5 17-05-2008 , 10:07 AM
Glad to hear you like it Jr.who. Going to model chihiro to stand alongside him. Have spent a couple of hours trying to get the base mesh right.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 17-05-2008 , 10:27 AM
Acid44
that is truuly amazing man gjuser added image

# 7 17-05-2008 , 09:09 PM
Thanks for the comments guys it is much apprecited. Would love to create some more characters for this and set up a scene but doubt it will happen due to work. Anyways here is Haku with Chahiro and hope you like it.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 22-05-2008 , 03:20 PM
Acid44
awesome man kutgwuser added image

# 9 22-05-2008 , 03:35 PM
Looking like a nice start, not too sure what its from but its looking good

Whens the mac version going to be out for Z3? Seems like the Mac guys have been watitng for, about a year or so possibly more? What would happen if you ran it with bootcamp and then wanted to port the licence over?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 10 22-05-2008 , 04:51 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
Looking like a nice start, not too sure what its from but its looking good

Whens the mac version going to be out for Z3? Seems like the Mac guys have been watitng for, about a year or so possibly more? What would happen if you ran it with bootcamp and then wanted to port the licence over?

It should be coming out very soon, they've been in the testing stage for a while (over a month I believe).

I've heard of a bunch of people running emulation software for it, and they say it runs good (although not perfectly, because they can't use every feature). I don't know how the licensing works in that case, as I don't have to worry about it with my PPC.

# 11 22-05-2008 , 07:00 PM
Last I heard (not being a mac user) it was beta testing last year, oh well.... Youll get it one day, just wait till you do, youll love it. (just hope they dont bring out Z4 3 months after just on the PC)

Emulation? For the PPC?? Or for Pc macs?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle