Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-01-2004 , 02:50 PM

Noob in search of help

Being totally new to Maya i was wondering if there is anyone in the springfield Mass. area that may be able to give me pointers?
Thanks in advance
pup

# 2 06-01-2004 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
I'm not in Springfield but you might want to consider downloading and watching some of the free tutorials that you'll find on this site. A quick search on google will give you many more digital maya tutorials (*hint* *hint*) user added image

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 3 06-01-2004 , 03:50 PM
Huh, what do you mean with *hint* *hint* ? user added image

# 4 06-01-2004 , 04:06 PM

Thanx

Thanks for the "hint"
I have looked at tutorials
the thing is ive gone thru them and now am finding myself making the silly mistakes andsometimes meeting someone in the area and working alongside i may get more....But will jkeep working thru the tutorials thankyou
pup

# 5 07-01-2004 , 04:02 AM
I second Diracks thought....it didn't need to be there.....I take it as an implication of something more towards the dark side of the force.....please explain

# 6 07-01-2004 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
Well if you search on google with the bold text, the first hit is a good site for learning Maya basics. SimplyMaya members are discouraged from posting links to other tutorial sites. I suppose *wink* would have been better than *hint*

# 7 07-01-2004 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber

springfield Mass

Well I am only about 1hr away from you. But I would have to say to go and download some tuts and go through them. If you are in sprinfield I think the high school teaches Maya. I have met some students at a Club Maya meeting in the past.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 8 07-01-2004 , 12:45 PM

re 3djoe

i have been doing the tutorials and am learning tons thanks guys
I guess what i am looking for is someone to bounce what ive been doing off them to see if i am anywhere near the ball park of truely learning this.
My main objective is to model a true lifelike human and then animate it
I just cant seem to get a handle on where to begin on getting it modeled and lifelike not cartoonish

# 9 07-01-2004 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
Try posting in the WIP (work in progress) forum right here on SimplyMaya... you'll get a ton of pointers and constructive criticism.

# 10 07-01-2004 , 01:40 PM
or lots of "looks cool, looking forwards to seeing more" posts user added image :p

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 11 07-01-2004 , 01:53 PM
Guys I know what youre saying must sound very redundant to many but for me just you replying to my question means alot to me and envigorates me to work harder
thankyou

# 12 07-01-2004 , 01:55 PM
Hey hey, you shouldn't have to thank for anything, that's what this forum is for user added image. But I'm happy I encourage you to work harder user added image.

# 13 07-01-2004 , 02:00 PM
well I plan on working on a human head at the moment and will try to get images of the different stages i am at today with it
i think the shading part will be the most difficult for me as i am a stickler for detail
you all are the greatest and thanx

# 14 22-01-2004 , 06:38 PM
heh
I was born in Springfeild mass and spent 12 years there but now im in cali
also verry new to maya
practice practice practice...
XD

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 15 23-01-2004 , 02:31 AM
i searched on google and didnt even find the site mentioned... anyone wanna pm me the the site? i could always use more tuts(dont worry sm, i plan on getting some credits in about 3 weeks)