Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-06-2016 , 07:39 PM

Dark textures in scene: Lights prob

Hi there guys. I hope you can give me a hint on this one:

I have a scene with different walls. Each wall has different textures (as jpeg) loaded on the materials->diffuse (mia material_x_passes).

The problem: All the darker/grey textures I load into the materials are not affected by light (at all) Why is that so? - In the render all textures interact correctly with the direct lights and photons except for the materials with dark textures.
What am I doing wrong here?

Using maya 2015

# 2 23-06-2016 , 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Can you provide any screenshots or better, upload the scene file?

- Genny
# 3 24-06-2016 , 07:44 PM

# 4 24-06-2016 , 08:31 PM
update: i have a suspiction.

Could it be something with the linear sRGB setting input and output wise?

# 5 27-06-2016 , 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
The renders do seem rather dark and maybe that's it. I don't know how dark the actual texture image is but right now it's looking pitch black and not simply dark. Are you getting any errors or warnings? Have you tried applying the texture to a primitive in a new scene with default lights? What kind of file is the texture?

- Genny
# 6 01-07-2016 , 02:42 PM
It was the wrong settings I had. My suspiction was correct. In a new file with the different settings I had the same issue. Problem solved.