Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-04-2009 , 10:35 AM

Animation project for school

The assignment was to make a 30 second animation by a character that either jumps over something, mails a letter or interacts with a ball. I choose to make a teddybear that tries to jump over a obstacle.

Critique is always wanted, I wont work anymore with the movie as it is handed in but it's always fun to know what I did wrong. user added image

And hi to all in the SimplyaMaya's forum, I have been inactive for a while, I will try to get back to. It's a nice source for information. user added image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C__P...e=channel_page

# 2 02-04-2009 , 01:49 AM
EduSciVis-er
Haha... not bad. user added image

**SPOILER**
As for critiques, the animation was very well done for the most part (from an inexperienced eye), but it did seem a bit odd how the head just popped off. I suppose tearing would be quite a bit harder though...and the vertical walking seemed a bit "gravityless". Great job altogether!
**END OF SPOILER**

# 3 02-04-2009 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
i thought it was clever

i haven't had the patience to finish an animation off yet but i too think the run is off... i think at some point(s) the bear starts sliding along the ground and it makes it seem like it wasn't actually on the ground and was just floating above it

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 02-04-2009 , 03:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. user added image

Yeah I had some troubles with the walkcycle especialy with the part when the foot slides on the ground, I hope I managed to get rid of it mostly tho. user added image

I guess I should've given the bear more angle so that it looks like he might fall off when doing the vertical walking.

And tearing of a head might be to much trouble. But adding a tearing of cloth sound might've been nice to give the illusion. user added image