Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-08-2016 , 08:24 AM

Expression on Bend Deformer Problem

Hello all,

I recently used a bend deformer on a bunch of feathers on a bird model to simulate flying through the air without having to actually use dynamics.

On the bend deformer curve attribure I put

bend1.curvature = noise(time*2)*2;

The box showing the value of curvature turns purple and all is well. But then, when I re-opened my files, the box is now yellow, and I can't edit the expression. user added image

I think they all work on earlier files, prior to the time I sent the eagle off to have changes made to its rig. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but the deformers I added after I got the rig back still work. I have the deformers in a group and that group is constrained to the joints of the bird. Now I need to edit the expression and I can't. It won't load in the expression editor.

If I go to the attribute editor to view the expression, it now says

unitConversion459.input = abs(noise(time*2)*2);

Help please.