Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-03-2016 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber

mesh slighty bending out at edges

hey all, I have a mesh thats created from a spline and revolved around 180. When I smooth it, it bends out slightly at the edge - the images are the top view - does anyone know how i can stop this?
thanks
Nicky

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-03-2016 , 07:51 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you mean that at the left and right extremes, the tangents should be vertical? If so, then this is a function of there not being a full circle to create a smooth arc. It's hard to explain, but it's a result of the smoothing algorithm. If you're asking about something else, I'm not sure quite what you mean.

# 3 15-03-2016 , 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
I think in this case you need more geometry.

- Genny
# 4 22-03-2016 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber
thanks guys, tried with more geo but i havent fixed it yet..im just going to ignore it for now!