Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-01-2006 , 09:33 PM

Issues With Dog Tutorial -> UI

I was doing the dog tutorial and I noticed some strange discrepencies with my, sort of UI. When the image plane is set and the nurbs sphere is pulled to form a basic set, there is a basic mesh of the modified sphere. However in the tutorial the mesh and vertices that are behind the foremost mesh and vertices are not displayed. In Max I believe this is called Ignore Backfacing. Where the program would not select any vertices that were not the foremost on the screen.

When making my mesh I can select all the vertices, which kind of screws with the overall mesh if I miss a vertex on the other side of the model. Screenshot should be attached.
How can I stop this?

and also, when I right click, normally its supposed to pop a menu with multiple selections, however mine doesn't. This comes into the part where we are to add Isoparms to the mesh, and I can't seem to do it from the menu bar menus, How can I get the right click menu?

Thanks ahead of time <3

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-01-2006 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
I can only tell you for the right click menu is to hold the right mouse button down and then highlight what you want and let go.

# 3 09-01-2006 , 10:45 PM
Lifetime Member
If you go to window and under settings /preferences ,click on preferences and then in the preference window click on polygons, you can then turn backface culling on or off at the bottom option.

# 4 09-01-2006 , 10:50 PM
Thanks for all the help and the quick responses. It is much appreciated. Hrmm, however the backface culling I suppose won't work with nurbs and there is no option for it, so I suppose that only works for plygons. And the rightclick still does nothing, it operates just like I was to left click, if I right click and move the mouse with the camera rotate tool it will act as normal, as with any other tool. =/

Last edited by Montre; 09-01-2006 at 10:59 PM.
# 5 09-01-2006 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
theres only like 10 vertices its part n parcel of it i guess no one said it would b easy, or we'd all b pro's user added image