View Poll Results: other hobbies??
Sport 2 25.00%
Music 6 75.00%
Traveling 0 0%
Writing 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-12-2006 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

other hobbies????

Hi all

i am spending much time to learn 3D and modeling. But i have some other hobbies too.

What are your hobbies? Only 3D?? Animation? Maybe music, like me?

I'm a musician since 2003, but i am no professional. I decided in 2003 to make my own music. Without any education. i'm a autodidact. In 3d and in music too.

Here are some new songs i've made in 2006

https://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/0...&content=music

Galadiel

# 2 14-12-2006 , 10:54 PM
hey galadiel - had a quick listen - it sounds pretty good. I'm listening to The Knife right now and it kind of reminds me a little of that. Not sure about the titles though. user added image

what software did you use?

# 3 14-12-2006 , 11:15 PM
Acid44
wow thats pretty cool

me im a dj I've done a few raves but i haven't done any clubs yet

i like your musics style:bow: :bow:

:edit: just listened more THATS F**KIN AWSOME:bow:

# 4 15-12-2006 , 07:38 AM
Yeah galadiel, sounds good. What do you use to compose with?

Me, I also do music. I'm more into Hip Hop and R&B though. I also do graffiti, DJ, airbrushing, and work on cars.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 15-12-2006 , 08:53 AM
Subscriber
WOW! you can really make some music, i really love the first one "silent hill"...

as for my hobbies, some of my hobbies are basketball as i play for a league in melbourne and also do martial arts and love music, since ived been in a couple bands for fun as a drummer user added image

rock on! user added image user added image

# 6 15-12-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
wow, we have more musicians here. That's cool.

Thank you for your replies.

@Dave_baer: your airbrush work is f***ing awesome! Wooooooohoooooooo user added image love the skull on you biz card. *freaky*

@marlonjohn: are you playing as a pro in this league? Or is it more a hobby? You could show some martial arts? :blush:

@acid44: hey, raves are cool! Here in Germany we had the best raves in the '90s with Westbam, Marusha and other good dj's.

@Arran: thx for listening user added image I started to build my little studio in 2003 with a good and fast pc, good monitors called Samson Resolv 65a, RME Fireface 400 - firewire audio system -, Steinberg Cubase SX 3, Spectrasonics STylus RMX, EWQL Gold Orchestra, Rob Papens Blue und Albino 3, reFX Vanguard, Halion 3 and some more good virtual Instruments.

Galadiel

# 7 15-12-2006 , 05:18 PM
thanks for the info galadiel. user added image

# 8 15-12-2006 , 05:36 PM
Yeah, the Resolves are nice. I have the 80a's. Sweet sounding monitors. I'm using REASON for the music and I track vocals in Cubase. I run the whole thing through my PC using an ASR10 for MIDI control.

Hey Galadiel, ever have DJ CRAZE at any of those raves? He's a good friend of mine. That is one sick DJ!

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 9 15-12-2006 , 06:14 PM
Subscriber
wow the 80a's :attn: the samsons are sounding really good and clear - 1 to 1. I'm very happy to have them.

I have Reason 3 too. Use it to make some freaky loop things to become new ideas for a song. The Dr. Rex is very good for such things.

After that i make the real work in Cubase.

Didn't hear about DJ Craze yet. Googeled for him. Nice website!!!! hehe, i love sick DJ's and musicians. They give me good inspirations.

For Midi control i have the M-Audio Radium 49. But i'll switch to the axiom 61 next time.

Galadiel

Last edited by Galadiel; 15-12-2006 at 06:18 PM.
# 10 15-12-2006 , 09:07 PM
Nice. Next up for me is a full Pro Tools HD system. Can't wait! user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 11 15-12-2006 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
Cool!!! Sounds good.

Next for me is to switch from pc to mac! :attn:

Macbook pro 2.33 and a 24 imac user added image

# 12 16-12-2006 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
"are you playing as a pro in this league? Or is it more a hobby? You could show some martial arts?"

hey again, yeah im playing as a pro in this league(reap). when im over the age of 18 i can get drafted from american NBA Coachs but i decide not to do that since i want to concentrate more on my studies and animation. haha id love you show some of my martial art skills some time to you :p

marlon user added image