Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-06-2007 , 02:05 AM
Subscriber

Art Piece Two Faces

First new thing I've done in a while! I would love to hear some comments! Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

CDV
# 2 05-06-2007 , 09:00 AM
The sticks in the right mask seems to be poking into the mask on the left. I think it's because there's no edge shadows or something.

Or is it to appear this way?

Setup: Mac Pro Quad 3
# 3 05-06-2007 , 09:07 AM
Acid44
i think its supposed to be like that... two connected faces ya know

the eyes and mouth look a bit warped to me thoughuser added image

# 4 05-06-2007 , 09:50 AM
Subscriber

Mouth/Eye Warping

This all happened a bit by accident, its a really simply wireframe and it is a bit stretched in the mouth and eyes. I'll mess with it a bit to see if I get a better result. Sometime I just let the creative part of me go and I don't really think any part of my art through. I come from a traditional art background so I guess that is part of my process. I have only recently started being able to let the creative part flow with Maya. It's hard to get past The thinking and just create but as I've become more comfortable with it the creating is coming more easily! Thanks for your comments!

Oh and the sticks are supposed to be sticking into the other head.

CDV
# 5 05-06-2007 , 10:11 AM
Subscriber

Simple Grey Shaders

This is what the models looked like before all the lighting and texturing and bump map. Not much to it really!

Attached Thumbnails

CDV
# 6 20-06-2007 , 11:28 AM
It looks really neat! I like the simplicity, but the amazing artistic nature to it. My only complaint is how there don't appear to be any shaddows cast from the sticks onto the masks, but I like how it's different. Nobody wants to do the traditional things anymore! Keep up the awesome work!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...