Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-03-2003 , 06:52 PM
Subscriber

Deep paint 3d

Is anyone using deep paint 3d for texturing? I'm asking because i have a problem. I've downloaded the demo, installed it and loaded the Maya plugin correctly. When i select an object in my scene and use Paint selected with Deep paint 3D, the application launches but no object loads. Tried also with just primitive Poly objects, same result. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

# 2 01-04-2003 , 12:50 PM
Subscriber
I have the same problem but solved by exporting several objects as .obj and open the file in Deep paint. Paint it until you are satisfied, then export it to photoshop and every channels(bump, diffuse, specular map etc) will be automatically divided into layers. Then you can do some further edits if you want....

Important, you have to lay out UVs if you want to paint polygon objects.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Cheers
Braam

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

www.wickedpixels.com/braam
# 3 01-04-2003 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber
Thanks braam. Tech support couldn't replicate my problem so i'm pretty much stuck. I've been using .obj up to this point but it would be so much easier if i could just auto load each object directly from Maya. Oh well, at least i still have an option. Thanks again.