View Poll Results: Would you rather have PC DVD or Straight DVD for playback via TV
I'd rather have more video on a PC DVD. 9 75.00%
I'd Rather have a disk I can play on the TV. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-11-2003 , 12:01 AM
SM Tea Boy

DVD Question!

Would you rather have more video on a DVD, and have the playback on your PC or Mac, or less video and the playback via standard DVD player to the TV.

We are of course talking about tutorial DVD's here not films.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 28-11-2003 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
I personally like to watch my dvd's on the TV where I can sit back relax and drink beer and eat some junk food(Doritos, Nachos...) and be comfortable rather than sitting in front of my pc. SO I voted for TV payback.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 3 28-11-2003 , 02:45 AM
Seems if you're following a tutorial though, it'd be easier to do at the computer...unless you have a tv next to your monitor.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 28-11-2003 , 03:00 AM
I prefer PC, since I don't have a regular DVD-player and my pc is linked to my TV. And even if I had a DVD-player, I would still play on PC so I can directly implement tut's on my other PC user added image

greetz 4ng3l

# 5 28-11-2003 , 03:01 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Seems if you're following a tutorial though, it'd be easier to do at the computer...unless you have a tv next to your monitor.

Also Video for playback in a DVD player comes with an NTSC rez of 720 x 480 so you can forget about reading the text menus in the tutorials.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 28-11-2003 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
720x480 and that is if there TV is even good enufe to display that. I know there are probly many with better TV's than mine, but some people have older TV's still..

# 7 28-11-2003 , 10:28 AM

720x480 and that is if there TV is even good enufe to display that. I know there are probly many with better TV's than mine, but some people have older TV's still..

Huh?! All TVs have that res Pony.... user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 8 28-11-2003 , 02:19 PM
Pure_Morning: not entirely true. 95% of the TVs crops the image and doesn't show the whole picture.. That's why there are these things called action safe and title safe areas...

Anyway, I voted for TV format 'cause that can be played on both PC (with WinDVD or similar) and a standalone player...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 9 28-11-2003 , 03:58 PM
Kevin
and I vote for a plain on divx :p