Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-02-2008 , 11:44 PM

Stray ends. How do you get rid of them?

I am a noob and doing a tutorial but I was trying to repair an area of a polygon model that had surfaces with more or less than four sides and I ended up with a stray end that kind of sticks out that I can't delete.

Is there som way to cut it off?

It has a couple stray vertices on it, too.

# 2 09-02-2008 , 11:56 PM
for the advice i'm giving, i'm assuming that there's a hole in your model at the spot you were trying to fix.

if you highlight all the stray verts and scale them all as close to each other as you can, you should be able to merge them together into one vert (if it won't do it, increase the tolerance value), and then from there you can once again merge verts with one of the vertices that make up the hole.

if that doesn't work, just delete the whole polygon, and using the append to polygon tool, recreate it (click on one edge of the hole, and then follow the arrows on the other edges that appear).

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 10-02-2008 , 12:03 AM
Thanks for the response.

I actually closed up an area where there was a hole. Now I have this line sticking out at an odd angle all by itself.

I'll try out your tricks and see if I can get those to work.

# 4 10-02-2008 , 12:27 AM
Problem solved! It crashed and I lost the work I was doing before that problem occurred. lol

:angery: