Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-04-2007 , 10:25 PM

All white... Problem with my project.

Hello everyone, I posted this because I cant solve the problem that I have with maya on my mac. The problem is that everytime I make something on maya, Everything turns white. I mean... i was trying to make an sculpture for my class and i cant even see the shadows of it, it just white... i hope someone knows the answer and can help me on this. the mac that i have is the macbook(the black one). thanks.

# 2 13-04-2007 , 11:25 PM
Is it only when you render or all the time?

You dont have to many lights? Hit "5" to go to texture mode, (not showing the lights)

I dont know about computer configuration but mac should work fine i think.

# 3 14-04-2007 , 11:16 AM
thanks Weyu for ur respond, but it happens wihtout rendering, as soon as you start creating something on maya, all graphics turn white. i asked my professor about the issue and i think he is a lil bit dumb to fix it...user added image also, i hit "5" and it still the same...

# 4 14-04-2007 , 12:17 PM

# 5 14-04-2007 , 12:24 PM
Lifetime Member
i can't get to this image but it is small enough to attach it to a post here.

# 6 14-04-2007 , 12:26 PM
Well by the looks of it, it oughta be some technical issue, if your teacher cant help you contact autodesk support?

# 7 14-04-2007 , 12:35 PM
Lifetime Member
it could be that your incandescence is turned up on the default lambert1

you can check this by selecting any object and clicking ctrl +a slect lambert1 tab and look at the incandescence slider, it should be all the way to the left.

# 8 14-04-2007 , 06:33 PM
ok guys, thanks for your reply and help. i couldnt solve my problem. However, another professor told me that mac laptops are having some issues with maya and that is one of them..., he told me to contact autodesk support and tell them about the issue... I will do it... lets see what happen then... again thanks for your help guys.

# 9 14-04-2007 , 08:17 PM
that looks like a graphics card problem, but since it's on a mac laptop, depending on what version you're using, it could be a number of things.

what are the specs of the video card you've got in the laptop?

Accept no substitutions.