Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-01-2008 , 12:01 AM
Subscriber

What is the best way to pan an image for a demoreel?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a really good suggestion on panning a high res image to a demo size for a demo reel that is effective?

I am tire of all the flickering with FG, I used a filter of 1, Freeze the FG map after making a cage of FG points with over 10,000 FG Accuracy per frame when I used the turntable method. Still it flickers where the shadow is. So now I am thinking about panning it.

I haven't find any good demoreels that pan a high res image without making it look so fake, or make me want to continue to watch the demoreel.

Does anyone know any demo reels that pan a shading and lighting image for a demo reel?

And does anyone have any good visual ideas on panning an image?

Please let me know. Thanks.

# 2 01-01-2008 , 12:39 AM
well a good rule of thumb for panning is: the shorter the distance you want to travel for the pan, the slower the pan should be - unless you want to convey action. can you post a low(er) res version of the image you want to pan around on?

Accept no substitutions.