Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-04-2011 , 08:46 PM

shaders and texture are not visible with Physical Sun & sky Enviroment

I have physical sun and sky environment, I created 2 object with texture and shader materials. but when I render the texture(bricks) and shader ( glass) not visible, I need your help. what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to fix that,

say something if you know something.

regards

# 2 15-04-2011 , 09:13 PM
EduSciVis-er
If you uncheck the physical sun and sky (i.e. everything else is the same) does your render give you the proper textures?

# 3 15-04-2011 , 09:23 PM
yes without sun and sky everything looks fine, but as soon as the sun and sky has been created the texture and shaders turn to white in render view with mental ray. Don't know what is the reasons. maybe it only with my maya, what about your maya?

regards

# 4 15-04-2011 , 09:43 PM
maybe its bcoz of the sun intensity, how can I adjust the physical sun intensity?

# 5 15-04-2011 , 09:50 PM
It's most likely the mia_exposure_simple the Sun and Sky system creates on your camera. So select your camera you're rendering through, open the Attribute Editor, click on the mia_exposure_simple tab and play around with the settings.

# 6 15-04-2011 , 10:08 PM
thanks kevin, it works, that was gain color set to very high, here the screen shot, thanks kevin you save my time, great to have you here....

Attached Thumbnails