Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 121 04-09-2012 , 09:49 AM
Artist at Kwalee
Hey! All the best people are called Jay, thats a scientific fact user added image

Taking over the world, one pixel at a time...
# 122 18-10-2012 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys (and girls), not really new here but it's been so long since I've been active I thought I'd introduce myself again for those who are new or those who just forgot me user added image First started playing around with Maya and posting here in early 2003. Back then I'd managed to get myself a fancy new computer workstation as a present from my parents and a copy of Alias Maya 4.5. They were full of hopes and dreams of me going to university and starting a career as a CG artist. However I'm sad to say it is something I let them down on, although I tinkered around a bit I was young and lazy and never put enough effort and dedication in to amount to anything. In the end I ended up working as a motor mechanic for VW doing some Maya in spare time. Think I stayed quite active around here untill late 2006/early 2007 when i got caught up in the MMO-RPG World of Warcraft. As my game addiction started to take over my life my Maya work and posts slowly fell away until it was a distant memory. However six years later I'm settled down happly married in my own place and my gaming addiction has finally faded away and only play occasionally. So now with some spare time to fill I've found myself drifting back over to SimplyMaya and taking a look around every few days. Seeing all the wip's and how the attitude still seems friendly and elite free it was only a matter of time before this place convinced me to start dabbling in CG art once again. So if you'll bare with me over the comming months/years here it goes again, my second shot at seeing if I can ever achieve finished projects I can sit back and look at feeling proud I've finally made it as a CG artist.

-Ckyuk-

# 123 19-10-2012 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
Welcome back! (although I don't know if I can say that if you left a year or so before I came...)

Think I stayed quite active around here untill late 2006/early 2007 when i got caught up in the MMO-RPG World of Warcraft.

i hear that game ends/pauses a lot of lives. I've had friends who have taken a year off uni to play it (well.. I don't think they intentionally meant to do that but that's what they ended up doing).

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 124 08-01-2013 , 06:36 PM
Subscriber
Hi all

My name is Mariusz and I'm 23 years old 3D Artist from Sweden

See you arounduser added image

# 125 08-01-2013 , 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Hi Freerun and welcome to SM! Hope to see you around the boards some more! user added image

- Genny
# 126 08-01-2013 , 07:25 PM

Hey! All the best people are called Jay, thats a scientific fact user added image

Ah this may be so but no matter how bad things get I will always be rich!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 127 08-01-2013 , 10:40 PM
Technical Director

Ah this may be so but no matter how bad things get I will always be rich!

Can I have a pony?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 128 08-01-2013 , 10:48 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Can I have a name change...and a pony?

Jay

# 129 09-01-2013 , 01:50 AM
Technical Director

Can I have a name change...and a pony?

Back off, the pony's mine.

Such intellectual discussions we have here. user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 130 18-01-2013 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys, my name's Matt, I'm 41 and from WV. I love Maya and would love to have a job as a CG artist. They say if you love your job, you never work a day in your life. I'm up for that. I'm a nurse and do Maya as a hobby. I would love to quit nursing and either do video games or movie production or SOMETHING creative with Maya. Seeing as how my wife is a nurse too, I have been able to devote more time to that end. We'll see what comes of it.

Sampson
# 131 18-01-2013 , 09:14 PM
Having Fun!!!!
Saludos From Puerto Rico!!! Mi name is Juan Pablo. but you can call me J.P. I want to thank you guys for always being there to help y Jay gracias por tu tutorial de chef Ramsey me a ayudado mucho, te admiro and I'm looking forward to download as many tutorials from you and the other mates, godbless you all. user added image

Last edited by Juanpax; 27-01-2013 at 03:43 PM.
# 132 19-08-2013 , 07:52 PM
Trying
Hello all.

My name's Mike and I am from New Jersey (though I will be living in Boston soon). I just started learning Maya recently though I have used Blender and 3DS Max slightly in the past. I'm into filmmaking so my main goals with Maya is to integrate 3D visuals with live footage, though I'm also interested in just straight out 3D visuals as well. Perhaps for game usage, too.

# 133 27-08-2013 , 11:50 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi all, My name's Toby and I hail from good old Victoria down in Australia. I'm 21 and taking a year off work to study Maya using these tutorials. Then I'm looking at an animation course with Animation Mentor.
My long term goal is to start a movie studio in Australia to rival Pixar and Dreamworks... really.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 134 04-09-2013 , 07:26 PM
Bored but busy
I'm Fred and I have been out of work for awhile and thought I'd get into Maya to pass the time. I have lurked here for awhile, picking up lots of good stuff from you good people, and for that I thank you! I built models as a kid and always like the hands on type thing so what better model than to make your own parts then put it all together.

Being in my late 40's I was around for the onset of the whole StarWars thing and it hooked me as far as SFX goes. Maya is awesome as far as all it allows you to do. So much to learn though.

Again, thanks for all the know-how i've gotten here!

# 135 08-09-2013 , 03:16 PM
Veteran Noob
Hola peeps, I'm DJ (almost always gets shortened to Deej). I'm not British, but I live in the UK, I work for an insurance company (ugh) and I'd like to do something creative with my life before insurance kills me.

I'm an absolute noob with more of a design skillset, but I'm hoping Maya will help me bring an extra dimension to my portfolio. Sidenote: As you can see, I also enjoy atrocious puns user added image