Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 20-05-2004 , 03:59 PM

Shrek 2

Helllllllo Fellow Maya Fanatics,

I went to see the motion picture SHREK 2 yesterday and it was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I believe I was there with 30 other kids with ALL our eyes popping out of our heads in pure amazement. The characters, the movement, the textures, lighting, etc were stunning. I have been a SHREK fan for a long time yet it is inspiring to see such a wonderful picture showing the world the capabilities of 3D artists everywhere.
I just wanted to drop a little note to say..if you need inspiration, a good laugh and a feeling you didn't waste your hard earned money on just another sequal....think again.

I loved this film and I know you will as well.

Thanks to Dreamworks and all the hard working staff to make a movie worth while for all of us!!

Cheers from Memphis, TN (Home of Elvis Presley and the Blues)

Your Simply Maya Friend,

SuperDave

:tup: :tup:

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 2 20-05-2004 , 05:15 PM
user title spammer
HEY YOU COPIED MY AVATAR !!!!! user added image

# 3 20-05-2004 , 05:20 PM

HAHAHA

But everyone loves Sponge BOB!!!

How could I resist!!!

-Your Sponge Bob Bud,

SuperDave71 :p HAHAHAAH

# 4 20-05-2004 , 05:59 PM
Subscriber
stewie will destroy all sponge bobs

# 5 20-05-2004 , 06:18 PM

Stewie??

Ohhhhhh great!!

I leave a forum post about the movie "SHREK 2" and now we have a cartoon character battle royal on my hands!!!

Geeeeeesh!! HAHAHA

-SuperDave71

user added image

Attached Images

# 6 20-05-2004 , 08:23 PM
so thats an sponge? tought it was a piece of cheese...
anyways noone can beat the brain...

Attached Images
# 7 20-05-2004 , 08:42 PM

I beg to Differ....

I love me some Sponge Bob but you forced me to use force! (HAHA)

I give you (Drum Roll) Da Bugs!!!!

Top THAT!!!!! I double Dog Dare Ya!! ( Ladies and Gentlemen of SIMPLY MAYA...this is getting just darn silly )

-SuperDave71
:p :p :p

Attached Images

# 8 20-05-2004 , 10:59 PM
the prob with bugs bunny is that he always wins...
where is the drama there? where is the struggle? cmon elmer is not a challenge even for a rockuser added image

i tend to like the characters of the coyote and silvester before the "heros"...

huuum... TaZ...
(to be read with samuel L Jackson voice inside ur skulll)
Taz will come with great vengeance and furious anger to punish and destroy those who happen to be on its way... and you will know he is the law when he swallows you whole...

errr... ure right this has come far too silly... and i havnt even drinked...

Last edited by dragonfx; 20-05-2004 at 11:06 PM.
# 9 01-06-2004 , 01:15 AM
Ohhhhh-kay, I'd like to continue this SHREK 2 thread by saying how pleased I was to see this movie! I've seen it twice now (I just returned from seeing it again just now) and the second time around was much better. The first time I saw it (opening day), I spent all of my time observing the technical side of the movie (rendering, shading, animation, modelling) and not enjoying the humor and fun that made up the movie. When I discovered they used a sub surface scattering shader to get that new look they have, I poured through the Internet trying to find a way to do the same in my project but all I got was gobbledy gook. Sure, I could use the shader from lightengine3d.com but I have no idea where to start or what to apply the shader to or how to get that "look".

Anywho, I really enjoyed this movie. What was even better was they showed the trailer to what I'm sure will end up being my new favorite Disney/Pixar movie, The Incredibles. I just want everyone here to go see Shrek 2! You'll love it as much as I did!

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com