Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 04-06-2006 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
another shot

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 32 04-06-2006 , 10:05 AM
Subscriber
lookin good so far. . .keep goin! i know its tough, but you have inspired me to finish as well.

currently i m stuck on the tail light area of my enzo. and its been over 2 weeks since i started workin on my car (i get 30-60 minutes a day to work on it - weekends i usually get a few hours), and the slow progress now is makin me discouraged.

i do have a question. how are you getting those nice gaps/seems? are you modelig a certain area and then detatching the faces?

# 33 04-06-2006 , 03:35 PM
Subscriber
Hey anm8or, Thanks for the compliment. I was looking at your enzo earlier and its looking real nice. I have the same problem as well lol and thats modelers ADD lol. I start with one project and try to do like 10 others at the same time. I cant just sit down and do one but hopefully, I can finish this one.
I understand where your comming from. I get like 30 mins aday also and if I have alot of HW, then i dont even have time. Sometimes I have to sneek some modeling in when my daughters sleep like right now lol.

lookin good so far. . .keep goin! i know its tough, but you have inspired me to finish as well.

My seems, im takin the line that makes the seem, bevel them all by the same amout so I can get the seems even on every part of the car, delete those faces that were beveled so that there is an opening, then I detach the faces.

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 34 05-06-2006 , 01:27 AM
Subscriber
Ok heres an occlusion shot to see if there are any erros on the door. If anyones sees them, let me know. So far, I know the indent that runs form the door into the fender is off

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 35 05-06-2006 , 09:58 AM
Subscriber
nice model dude better then mine miura at the moment its so lumpy the ppl could get lost on the front wing.lol.
the side intake is a bit off looks a bit to striaght to me and the shoulder line crease doesnt seem to run through the car.it doesnt match up to the front wing other then that its very nice.
how do you model you tyres because i always get stuck on that bit?lol

# 36 05-06-2006 , 02:51 PM
Subscriber
The shoulder line crease is running through the car but hmm lol. The tires whoa that was alot of work. Let see, I took atire ref pic, I did 1 row of thread,, place the pivot point in where I would want the center of the whole tire to be and did a duplicate rotate about 60x. then poly combine

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 37 06-06-2006 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
Ok I started working on some rims. I didnt create the lug nut holes yet but I will soon, I just need a break. THe tires also are very ugly because I didnt add the tire yet to the tread but i will do that also when im dont being lazy.

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 38 06-06-2006 , 12:49 AM
Banned
wow this it awsome, think u might have inspired me to try modling a car aswell user added image. Have u used the same technique as the simplymaya ferrari tutorial?
Thanks for the inspiration, its looking good user added image

# 39 06-06-2006 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber
Hey meredith thanks for the comments. No I didnt use the tutorial form this sites techniques. He does a good job on the model but he uses sub-D crease and im trying to get out that style so I learned from just looking at everyones wireframs and looking and looking lol. He does a good job though and I would recomment it for someone who never modeled a car because I seen alot of ppl on this site who completed that tutorial and it looks good like the guy in Finished work. My technique is all poly. I just use sub-D to see how it would look smooth but i dont do nay edits of any sort in that mode

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 40 06-06-2006 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
haha I forgot to post the rims up close. I didnt finish the center cap and I need lug nut holes but im still lazy lol.

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 41 06-06-2006 , 07:52 PM
Banned
loving the wheel, wow your doing a good job! Can i please see a wire of the wheel to see how you have modled it. Keep going!
:attn:

# 42 06-06-2006 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
how do you do it!!! :eeek2:

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 43 06-06-2006 , 09:36 PM
wow, nice car buddy!i really like the way the car is so low.user added image...i dont even know if you will understand waht i mean(sometime its hard to tell what you you really want to say when english is not your first language)user added image

# 44 07-06-2006 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber
Hey everyone, Thanks for the comments. Mc-Fleury I understanding what you saying and thanks for taking an interest on what im doing.

meredith heres a few wireframes. I hope they help but if not, let me know if you need anymore wires. Hope to keep yall updated very soon

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

# 45 07-06-2006 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
Heres another shot

Attached Thumbnails

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360