Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-07-2010 , 01:19 AM

Transparent object appearing in render

I have a couple of objects that are appearing in my render veiws. First, i am doing an animation. The two objects are invisible (transparent) at the star of the animation. They fade up toward the end of the animation. It works great when I watch it in my four views but hen I render to see certain times on the timeline I can see the trasparent objects before they actually fade up. AM I doing something wrong or is this task impossible to achieve?

Gary

# 2 17-07-2010 , 03:00 AM
Technical Director
Do you have raytracing on?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-07-2010 , 04:50 AM
Just looked in my render settings. Raytracing is not on. Checked it to activated it and the renders are still the same.

# 4 17-07-2010 , 05:20 AM
Played around with settings. Lowered the eccentricity in specular shading. This worked!

# 5 17-07-2010 , 02:55 PM
Usually the main two things that will cause transparent objects to show up in renders for me are reflectivity and specular color. If I turn down either one of these, then all is good.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!