Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-03-2011 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber

Interview for me - whoo hoo

OH MY GOD ... Finally a interview for a Job within the 3D world.

Its just a runner job but still - It`s for the Mill in London.
Have to phone them tomorrow to set it up - but this has put a big smile on my face.

Any tips or ideas what they will ask me will be massively welcome right now as I really can`t mess this interview up. I feel like its Christmas and I`m ten years old.

After the last few months this is the best thing to happen for me.

# 2 29-03-2011 , 05:34 PM
Ah it will be fine !

Mega enthusiasm but thats a given. Other than that be aware of the roles you will be doing after running and show you know what will be expected of you.

Maybe read some junior 3D job descriptions so you know what might be expected of you and you can read up on anything your not sure about.

e.g. if they say, after a while we will probably get you doing some matchmove, have you done any before?

Dont say: `what's matchmove? `

GZ on the interview!

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 29-03-2011 , 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

e.g. if they say, after a while we will probably get you doing some matchmove, have you done any before?

Dont say: `what's matchmove? `....

LOL

@ Neil

It's finally happening, no pressure though!

Seriously , grats on the interview. Sending luck from Florida user added image

- Genny
# 4 29-03-2011 , 06:47 PM
The Nurb Herd
cool, i know a couple of guys who were runners at the mill. they said it was a good place.
good luck.

# 5 29-03-2011 , 08:12 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well done lad!! See it does happen!! All I can say is good luck, be confident but not cocky with it.

Good show, keep us posted!!

Jay

# 6 30-03-2011 , 06:51 AM
Congrats mate!

Keep us posted with the result!

Good luck!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 30-03-2011 , 09:36 AM
Lifetime Member
Well done Neil!!!!!!!!bloody good show old boy.... I agree with Laurie..I know nothing about the 3D world but in the real world...get a little knowledge on the company..what they do etc..not heaps but enough to answer some questions they may ask...which again gets back to Lauries comment....agree with Jay..confident not cocky, more importantly RELAX...dont get hyper man LOL I see guys do this all the time...be you....good luck with it mate...I really hope it all goes well...foot in the door!!! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

All the best Ant

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 30-03-2011 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
Well just got the conformational its next wed at 11:30 - gives me some time to get some work done - but not too much I end up back on my back hehe.

Thanks for all the kind words

# 9 30-03-2011 , 11:28 AM
Lifetime Member
No! dont end up back on your back...keep the front on the front mate...bugger eating hospital food! eeeewwwwwwwww

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 10 30-03-2011 , 11:36 AM
Stupid question but what do you do as a runner? Never heard that term before, but then again I'm not in the 3D world

# 11 30-03-2011 , 01:45 PM
SM Tea Boy
@Vortexx pretty much you run around and do what ever they tell you. Can be anything from pick up the rushes to fetch tea.

Its a very popular way into the tv or film business, I did it myself for a while when i worked at tristar many many years ago.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 12 31-03-2011 , 03:56 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
hey man congrats on the interview hope all goes well

# 13 04-04-2011 , 08:41 PM
Subscriber
OK starting to get stuff together for wed - But should I take work in for a runners position.

Another problem I got is what do I wear - I know a suit may be over the top, but a job interview is also too much in the wrong direction.

# 14 04-04-2011 , 08:48 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Nothing wrong with a suit mate. Though a casual jacket blazer shirt is okay. Ive done a couple of interviews in a blazer, shirt jeans and smart shoes, got the job both times so....

Jay

# 15 04-04-2011 , 08:49 PM
SM Tea Boy
My advice put a suit on. Shows your serious and you can be assed to make an effort. You might want to skip the tie though user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"