Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 256 31-03-2003 , 04:30 PM
Excellent entry Brian, hope you get to work on it for tonight.

# 257 31-03-2003 , 06:32 PM
Thanks! I won't be able to ad my final image untill about 10 pm here. I have class and stuff right after work. I really really hope thats not to late!! Its 12:30pm here and I'll be posting my final image around 10, 10:30pm. Thanks!!!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 258 31-03-2003 , 09:45 PM
I am really really bummed. user added image user added image Is there anything I can do to still compete in this competition??? I mean, according to the forum time its allready 9:38 pm. But, here its only 3:40 pm! I won't get home untill around 10-11pm my time, because of work and school. 10 pm my time is past the time of the due date according to the forum time! is there anything that I can do? Yesterday was my 21st Bday, so I didn't get the chance to work on it to much this weekend because I had to do family stuff, and I really thought it would be nice to take a break and relax because I thought that I could work on it tonight. I have put alot of effort into this project, don't know if you can tell or not, but I would really appreciate it if there was ne way I could still post an image as soon as I get home b4 12 am my time, my scene is allready finnished, I just need to render my final image. Sigh. if not then oh well I guess...
user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 259 31-03-2003 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

congrattulation with your 21 years birthday yesterday... user added image

HUH!!! only 21!!! user added image

man I really do need some Maya doping if I just should come a bit near the quality of your work, before I get 30 next year... user added image

it was the meaning I wanted to make a Spiderrobot.. but I didn't really get to start with it... I didn't get much further than the attached image below... user added image

I even saw the creepy movie Eight Legged Freaks to get some inspiration... very nice effect in that movie... and man it made my night misarable... especially when I woke up in the night and had to go to the bathroom... I almost flew thru the roof, and blasted backwards in the wall, and saw my soul running away in 4 different directions... however when I had calmed down... I just realised it was my own mirror I had seen... user added image

luckily it wasn't a big nasty tarantula... but the spiders in that movie are really great... and looking to damn (yech) real...
https://eightleggedfreaks.warnerbros.com/
and a bit behind the scenes info... -->
https://eightleggedfreaks.warnerbros....s/spiders.html

but since I didn't get go make something for any of the challenges this month... I tried to play a bit with photoshop on this site... user added image
https://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthr...=&threadid=412

I really hope your are going to make it this month... and once again congratulation with your birthday... user added image

btw. how is it going with the "Heat Harrier smashing the jeep" project?

regards

Strarup

# 260 31-03-2003 , 10:22 PM
Hey Brian, Well, happi late birthday!!! damn, u are only 21, thats only 3 years older than me, and ur maya skill is awsume!! no doubt
i really hope u can be able to finish ur final image and post it up on time, if u really can't make it, whoever is in charge of this competition? please let him turn in his project, i am sure that he really put a lot of time on it, right anyone? who ever agree with me and brian, post a reply!! good luck Brian!

pErry

# 261 31-03-2003 , 11:00 PM
Subscriber
I think the comp ends at midnight where M lives...

He's on the same time I am (mountain time in U.S.)

Email him just to be safe though...

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 262 31-03-2003 , 11:27 PM
So what time do you have now? 12 AM?

# 263 01-04-2003 , 12:53 AM
I believe Brian and I are in the same time zone (central time US), and at the moment of this posting, the time will be....

...wait for it....

6:53PM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 264 01-04-2003 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber
7:53 here... (eastern zone)

-Emo

# 265 01-04-2003 , 01:40 AM
um, at the time of readign it, its 5:40 pm here. Pacific ST (west coast)

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 266 01-04-2003 , 01:46 AM
That's WEIRD Ultra!

Maybe my clock is off 10 minutes or so....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 267 01-04-2003 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
Hmm, yea its only 6 here. I guess it applies to my time zone. Brian, its time to rush and try to get that final render in before late tonight. I know its about 8 there, so try to get it done soon and it will still be accepted (unless kevin disagrees). It was originally meant for his time, but i think you still have a hour left or so user added image. In any case, just get it done, and soon. Cant wait to see bud.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 268 01-04-2003 , 02:20 AM
but it's only 6 oclock your time. I'm still in class and I still have just a few more hours before I get out. then I gotta go home and get the image all fixed up. is that okay? That's the best I can do. "M", what time on YOUR clock is the deadline??

Thanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 269 01-04-2003 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
I am putting on a timer for 4 hours. Starting NOW. Heh, hope you can get it done by then brian, if not.. then shitty deal user added image. In the future you should plan to get it in earlier, maybe the previous day. Ok, cya brain.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 270 01-04-2003 , 04:41 AM
Alright! I"m on my way home from school now. it's 10:40, I'll have it done before midnight. Thanks a lot, M, for the "extension." I'll do better next time.

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!