Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-09-2003 , 08:56 PM

Paint Effects problem... Plz help

Hiya
I am working on a 3D still for a class assignment...
I have a cylinder with paint effects plants in my scene..
When I go to render, it does not show up....
My "Enable Stroke Rendering" option is on, and I see the stroke in my scene... It just doesn't show up in my rendered scene...
I opened a new empty project window and threw a cylinder with the same paint effects strokes in it, and it renders fine... just not in my project scene that I need it for...

Any ideas? Please help me... user added image

# 2 14-09-2003 , 09:55 PM
That's odd. How about exporting everything from your project file to a new file?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 14-09-2003 , 10:10 PM
Hmm I just attempted what you suggested... still didn't work.. user added image THanx for trying to help...

I'm thinking there MUST be a setting somewhere that I am missing that is on by default, but got changed somehow in my project... but what is it?

# 4 14-09-2003 , 10:27 PM
ok.. instead of exporting the whole scene... I just exported only the plant pot with the stroke, etc (no lights or anything else) for the paint effects plant into a new file... and it renders fine... I'm trying to narrow this down to what the problem is...

# 5 14-09-2003 , 11:01 PM
Hope you'll find what the problem is... can't really help more w/o seeing the file...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 14-09-2003 , 11:23 PM
HA ! I figured it out...
I started exporting and testing more and more of my scene in a new file...
It appears that Maya paint effects doesn't like to work with Maya fur... the character in my scene has fur for hair...
When I deleted his fur feedback node and tested the render... the paint effects plant rendered fine...

I wasn't aware that they could not be used in the same render.. I guess I will have to do an additional render and composite the fur over the rest of the scene in post...

# 7 15-09-2003 , 06:52 AM
I'm glad you sorted it out. Good to know about this little pitfall...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB