Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-01-2006 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber

Wierd planar Distrotion

Ok so I have a texture map and a sub-d object with flat sides, and I want to put planar projection on the object and applay the map but I'm gettin a weird distortion I can't seem to fix. For some reason it seems the the vertical line elements in the texture are getting distorted. I've been looking for a fix but haven't found any and the projection plane is flat realative to the side camera so there really shouldn't be any distortion. Does anyone know a fix for this?

I attached a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. The UVs look fine in teh UV editor so I can't figure out whats causing the minor distortions.

thanks for any help.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-01-2006 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber
Quick update.
I found something interesting. In the side view when the sub-d mesh at level one smoothness the texture is not distorted. When I view at level 3 and render there's distortion as in the picture before? Does thi shed anymore light on the problem?
-Dave