Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 05-10-2006 , 10:39 AM

Scaling in the wrong axis

Hi. Strange problem here.

I've my polygon on one side of the thick black line (the Z-axis) on the grid. The pivot is on the black line.

When I duplicate it, and change the X-scale to -1, the polygon rotates as if I have typed in -1 to the Z-axis.

Any idea what's wrong?

# 2 05-10-2006 , 11:21 AM
Make sure u have select object not faces can give sreenshot too that will help us know moe about problem

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.
# 3 05-10-2006 , 12:22 PM
I've posted a screen shot.
I'm modelling a car. The right is the original polygon. X axis is left, Y is top and Z axis is front.

When I duplicate the car I have the resulting polygon as shown on the left. (I've moved it to the left so that they are not on top of one another). As such, I can't get a whole car.

Attached Images
# 4 05-10-2006 , 01:27 PM
First select base model and and do Freeze transformations it in modify menu and select base againtthis do center pivot model and now press insert key on keyboard hold down x button to span to grid move point to center scene where drak black line intersect his will help u

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
Albert Einstein.