Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-10-2008 , 11:30 PM
The Nurb Herd

Copyright questions

If i create something in maya i have the full rights to use it... right?

texture-wise - if they are hand painted textures they are mine; if they are copyright/royalty free photos they are ok to use commercially... right?

what if the textures includes a photo which is not copyright free but has been changed a lot so its unrecognisable?

also do you need to do anything -like register or something- to have the copyright for an image/animation you create?

# 2 26-10-2008 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
Well, as far as i know, even if you change photo a lot, if authors requires you to notify him about your commercial use of his photo, you have to do that otherwise you cannot use it.

# 3 27-10-2008 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber

# 4 27-10-2008 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
if I remember correctly from the days I used to write and record music a lot, just put what you made in a package mail it to yourself and don't open it, it's like self copyrighting and I'm pretty sure it's a legit way of doing it

# 5 28-10-2008 , 05:00 AM
The Nurb Herd
cool, thanks for the replies guys. user added image