Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 46 14-04-2004 , 12:25 PM
Looking forward to it user added image

# 47 14-04-2004 , 01:09 PM
Hella! That head is absolutley amazing! really really impressed!

# 48 14-04-2004 , 01:18 PM
The Maya Mountain
The eyebrow should be bare where the scar is. I have a scar across my eyebrow and afraid hair no longer grows there. I think it'd add to the character too. Very nice work. user added image

# 49 14-04-2004 , 05:47 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey thanks guys!!!

Mike: Yeah thats true a friend in the office pointed that out so am gonna try and figure that out so I dont have too many control curves in the brow, its a stroke on curve as I didn't want to do a poly or nurb with a map on it, but if anyone has any suggestions before I do it please let me know, much appreciated

Thanx

Jango

# 50 14-04-2004 , 05:56 PM
Can't you like, convert to polys? (I have no idea if that is even possible)

# 51 14-04-2004 , 06:00 PM
Yeah I could but I dont fancy 10000 polys per eyebrow if you know what I mean, it was one of the first things I tried.

Thanx

Jango

# 52 19-04-2004 , 08:54 AM
Subscriber
jango did u submit it to the gallery?

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 53 19-04-2004 , 06:50 PM
Hi Anita

No I haven't submitted to the gallery yet, I haven't been to well the last couple of days so I haven't had a chance to finish texturing the clothes etc, hopefully be done by tomorrow night (fingers crossed)

Jango

# 54 21-04-2004 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber
good job on the textures.
i see that u used a paintfx stroke curves for the eyebrow.
if u plan on animation, how will u deform the curve, what is your set up. bones or blends.
i have a character i'd like to use fur for the eyebrow.. and i do not really have a set up thought out for the deformation of the face and how the eyebrows will react....
can u help if u know how?.
thanx in advance.
good job once again:p

# 55 21-04-2004 , 08:44 AM
Hi Vlad

The eyebrows will have a few blend shapes on the curve ie; frown ,worry extra the once the blends are done on the face for the expressions I will just use Set Driven Key option so the EyebrowFrown blend on the Face will drive, for example, the EyebrowFrown on the Brow... easy hope this helps. As for the rig itself I have my own setup which involves various expressions and other scripting to help it along, but thats all a secret!!!

As far as the clothing goes I'll probably use a wrap deformer on the Jacket and Top, weight them on the Lo res versions and tweak some blend shapes for those too, as for the trousers and boots they'll just be standard soft bind with some nice weighting on.
If you want some more info on wrap deformation check out Steve Stahlbergs site at https://optidigit.com/stevens/ he's got some great stuff going on in there with his figures, some of the best in fact and he is s pretty quick too, check the tutorials section for the wrap stuff.....

Jango

Last edited by Jay; 21-04-2004 at 07:11 PM.
# 56 23-04-2004 , 07:14 PM
Hey Dudes

I'm in the finished work section now!!

Thanks for all your crits etc.......

Jango