Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 09-04-2006 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber

trying to delete 2 face

i've got my modeled character. i don't have a clue when this happened but i got two faces by themselves that are apart of an object, the arms, i cant delete them in object mode nor in face mode. i was able to detach just those 2 faces from the skeleton but that's it. i still can't delete them. i tried extracting and separating to delete them and nothing. anyone have this small problem and found a solution or just know how what to do. otherwise i just hope that those faces don't become an issue later when i finally animate my character.

# 2 10-04-2006 , 07:36 AM
My knowledge in maya is very less but as far as my knowledge is concerned u might have used the `Smooth Proxy` to smooth the poly`s instead of just using `smooth`. It can be deleted. But i am not able to get ur exact problem.

If you cannot delete them, just hide them.

# 3 10-04-2006 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
if i select the 2 faces the arms get selected as well and of course itry to hide the 2 faces the arms get hidden as well.

# 4 10-04-2006 , 09:19 PM
Try it in the outliner window.