Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-09-2006 , 06:05 PM

Playblasting post infinity

I have a basic walk cycle going- it's three steps over 34 frames. I've applied post-infinity and I playblasted the animation over 100 frames or so.

Trouble is, the playblast only shows those three steps!

I even changed the timeslider and playblasted from frame 439 to 500-> i.e. well away from the first 34 frames and it's the same thing->>> it only shows three steps. It's so weird.

Help please?

# 2 15-09-2006 , 06:30 PM
when you say it only shows those three steps i'm assuming you mean it goes (for instance) left-right-left then totally stops? if it does, there've been a few people with playblast problems such as those and i don't believe any of them have yet to find the cause of the problem...

BUT (just in case), if it doesn't just stop and instead goes left-right-left-left-right-left then everything's fine... cause most walk cycles consist of only two steps and loop after the last transition...

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 15-09-2006 , 09:04 PM

It works with proxy!!

Okay, so other people have had a similar problem I take it?

Well get this, right: My previous Playbasts were with a Smooth model. I Playblasted with a proxy model and it totally worked! How bizarre... Anyway, looks like I'll have to submit with a proxy!

Thanks for the reply, though!