Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-07-2007 , 10:29 PM

Engraving? And Camera rotation

Well, me and my friend play a game called Battlefield 2. My friend is making a Sniping Video and wants to have a Matrix - Style shot in slow motion.

I've made the bullet (Thanks to Tutorial) and the effects, only thing is, I want to rotate the camera around the bullet, you know, how they do things in the Matrix. Also, I'd like to Engrave a word on the bullet. How?

Last thing, I want the bullet to spin as it flies towards the target.

Oh yeh, and I want to create Blood from the impact, how?? Thanks

# 2 17-07-2007 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
wow u dont want much do you!!

lol kidding

ok, erm for the camera, i would create 'camera and aim' then constrain the point to the object. Then keyframe the camera around the bullet as it moves (i think this is what you want)

as for engraving it, you can use a displacement map. check this link if you dont know much on displacements https://www.leighvanderbyl.com/pdf/texturing.pdf (page 12).
Take your uv's into photoshop and right the word you want, save it, and create a bump map/displacement map.

To make it spin, depending how much, just set a key at the begining, and type in like 50,000 in your rotate channel box at the end. However, you may only want it to spin a bit, or spin and spin back so the numbers are up to you.

As for the blood?! Realflow is the one for you! Best program (apart from maya) ive stumbled across. www.nextlimit.com/realflow for a free trial

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130