Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-12-2007 , 11:49 AM

Unwanetd Vertex stuff.....

Hi Dear Reader,

i started teaching maya myself from tutorials

now i'm buiding a digital humanoid

when building some things went wrong i guiss, cause now i find a vertex (1) in vertex mode which i cannot explain or know how to delete

i found out bij pulling it, it is connected somehow with a vertex on the chin (2) of the figure

when i start pulling the vertex there is a line coming out

everything i pull out of this single vertex i cannot delete

www.ieoie.nl/Maya/Ongewenste-Vertex.JPG

all sugestions on how to delete and disconnect those things are welcome......

kind regards

ieoie

# 2 10-12-2007 , 11:40 AM
try doing a clean up of your model before you pull the vertex out. make sure you play with the settings - turn on nonmanifold geometry as well.

# 3 11-12-2007 , 12:15 AM

Originally posted by arran
try doing a clean up of your model before you pull the vertex out. make sure you play with the settings - turn on nonmanifold geometry as well.

thx arran

i found out i couls merge the pixel and then it was gone

since i'm a very newby in maya i found out i can tweak for instance the merge settings this helped mirror the figure in a good way, there also was a point not well connected to the centre grid line

this clean up i will go and check out

thx for thinking,....helping me....

ieoie out

# 4 12-12-2007 , 06:50 AM
Here's a tip: Remember to delete edges with the Delete Edge/Vertex option instead of using the delete button because it leaves behind stray vertexes.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 5 12-12-2007 , 08:24 AM
yeah - that is a good tip. you can also delete any ones you're not sure about by selecting all the vertices and hitting delete.

# 6 12-12-2007 , 08:47 AM

Originally posted by arran
yeah - that is a good tip. you can also delete any ones you're not sure about by selecting all the vertices and hitting delete.

thx alll for reply

the vertex is gone

no wurries for this time

the questions i ask might sound stupid but it sure are my questions

thx again......

ieoie out