Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-03-2008 , 06:36 PM

Binding messes up my clusters

Hi,

I've got clusters looking ok on my characther's eyelids. After I bind him though, they stop working properly; the have distorted and now don't shut correctly (one side lags behind).

I have tried changing the input order, but it is already set correctly. Is there anything else I can try to fix them?

Even if I delete his skeleton, the clusters remain messed up, as if the binding process is destructive to them.

I'm getting kind of desperate here, any advice really appreciated.

thanks

gubar

# 2 22-03-2008 , 02:40 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Did you attached joints to the face mesh, because it could be that the influence of a joint on the mesh could make your mesh become a mess.

# 3 22-03-2008 , 04:13 PM
Hi,

yeah I'd bound him. I figuerer out what was happening; for some reason when I added another deformer to the object (blend shape or smooth bind) it would mess up my cluster membership. I started over, and have added blend shapes, then corrected the clusters. I think I'll have to do the same after I bind.

cheers for the replies

gubar