Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-10-2008 , 03:51 AM

Texture ?

I am wondering if it is possible to use a separate shader on a model for a certain area. I would like to assign a different shader to the gum line and around the eyes although it is the same piece of geometry. I guess I could select the faces but the mesh is very dense and I wondered if there was a easier and better way to go about it. For example is there a way to work with the texture map so the shader will only work on that part of the model.

Many thanks,

Leon Labyk

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-10-2008 , 06:30 AM
You could use a layered shader with transparancy maps so that one shows through the other.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 09-10-2008 , 01:43 AM
I am having real difficulty with getting this to work at the moment. Is there anyway of getting transparency into the misss fast skin maya shader or do I need to use a different shader.

thanks,

Leon