Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-02-2003 , 10:16 PM

Destroying my JEEP!!!!

Hello, I wanted to put my Jeep back on my demo, besides driving up the hill, so, I figgured why not do a camera track, with something falling on it? Like a part of a building, or another car? I could have an explosion downtown in a building, and A big chunck falls on the car? What do you think? Good idea or bad idea? Well I wasn't sure, so Idecided to go ahead and Do all of the deformations on the parts of the jeep that are going to need blendshapes. Not even close to being finnished. Lots of blend shapes need to be made,... Lots of time, do you think it would be worth it? LEt me know!! Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 27-02-2003 , 10:17 PM
btw the textures are off because this is an older version of the jeep, but it doesn't really matter anyway because these are just the blendshapes. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 27-02-2003 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

how about letting the harrier landing on it... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 4 27-02-2003 , 11:28 PM
Aww, that's a sad picture. user added image poor jeep

# 5 28-02-2003 , 01:24 AM
What about a CRAZED GIANT BANANNA!!!! hehe...

Seriously, what about a raptor? or a dino? or a BIG ASS ROCK?

OH!!! OH!!! WAIT!!

What if you had it run off the road, and fall/tumble/explode down the side of a small mountain, or hill or something?

...ah... just wondering....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 28-02-2003 , 02:13 AM
Subscriber
Hey brian, thats really cool!... why dont you model a human.. and then put the car beside a sky scraper.. and then you hear a scream thats more of a whisper.. and then you gradually hear it louder and louder.. and then a human just slams into the car! Hahaha. Anyways, one thing though... my internet just a few minutes ago was running at a 56kb speed, because i had lots of downloads going.. and for the 56 k'ers.. those images are KILLER. They probably take 2 minutes to load. You will be able to see the same quality yet waay faster download if you bring it to photoshop..and go (File>Save for web). Or save as a smaller file size any other way you want.. just they are too long for my tastes at most times.. and im on a fast connection user added image. You dont have to.. just would be nice.

Cya.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 28-02-2003 , 04:34 AM
I was just looking at it again, and I Gotta give you props for taking the TIME to smash that jeep up like that man!

How long did that take?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 28-02-2003 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber
Creative Destruction is a beautiful thing, more beautiful when that thing is beautiful...

Hm... sounds kind of sick.

But we're talking art here so my thoughts are yes! destroy! I want to see it crushed, dented and shattered, wheels and sparkplugs flying thru the air, smoke and fire and mayhem.

I think the jeep should be moving when it meets it's end, not just having something fall on it.

user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 9 28-02-2003 , 09:14 AM
Subscriber
Hi again,

the heat distortion boiled my brain at let the mind fly away again... user added image

how about a car chase in the "6 story Parking garage" with the Jeep beeing chased by the Harrier... (I don't know if the Parking garage can handle it)... and then the Jeep gets over the egde and smashes into the ground...

regards

Strarup

# 10 28-02-2003 , 10:05 AM
Awesome job! I cant believe the jeep is just a model. It is very realistic with no flaw, just professional. And if let a character drive it, I think it will be perfect.

# 11 28-02-2003 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber
great brian user added image
maybe some explosions or debris is good because it shows another aspect of you rmaya using and they look great user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 12 28-02-2003 , 01:02 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys! Yeah, I figured that if I have something crash on top of it I can show off the suspensions as well... I am going to show the glass shadering on the windshied and show all of the lights, door handels, and the shelves fly off when it gets hit. Took about an hour to deform, because i had to use individual blendshapes on everything. I could really use a character, but I don't have anythat area realistic enough. I think for the next aniamtion (where it isn't smashed) I will put the hard top back on. i don't know. so much to do in so little time!! Now its time to work on the Harrier/ Thanks!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 13 28-02-2003 , 01:04 PM
start up, could you elaborate on your idea a bit? Don't quite understand, but I am interested and stuff. THanks,
Brian,
I like the idea of it falling off of the side of the parking garage, or a building.

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 28-02-2003 , 05:44 PM
What if I had the Jeep at the bottom of the parking garage, and you could tell that the harrier was damaged, like in the fron landing gear, and then the landning gear fell on top of the jeep? Or, what if I had that ATST walking and just crush the jeep to? Thanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 15 28-02-2003 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
Just a thought:

Since the Harriers have those vertical jets...you could have the jeep sitting somewhere...then you see the distortion in the air...a rumbling with some camera shake...then the jeep starts to crumple....more distortion, dust, etc...then pan slowly up slightly and the Harrier is coming down into view...and hovers there for a few seconds....

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html