Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-01-2005 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber

Howdi All

Just like to say hi and introduce myself

im 17 and of the male gender.. i have no relation to chewbacca from starwars lol its a nickname that came from my surname somehow my real name is Michael... anyhow... i got into 3D animation from just falling in love with the models ppl made.. kinda like how u have art fanatics where they go to a museum just to see some van gough or monet or somewhat... i thought it was even more kool when they were animated and i must have been about 14 at the time and thought i would give it a try... got myself a copy of 3D studiomax and well... lets say things got messy and i didnt have a friggin clue what i was doing....

not so long ago tho more like last year, i ended up at the NCCA at bournemouth univeristy.. talbot campus... this is the national school for computer animation throughout the UK. a lot of the top animators for films and games came from there... i did it through school and managed to get selected.. yay me user added image i met some guys from Team17 and got some insight to their new Worms Fort game.. was a really good laugh.. met some guys who worked on happy potter graphics and modellers and animators.. main guy who a lot of work on the hypogryffin that harry rides... plenty other stuff there also... through out the week we got to learn Maya and were taught load of the basics and we had to make a small animated presentation.. altho we did not make our characters or rig them or anything we could only model the scenery etc and change a few parts of the characters body and reshape it etc...

from then on till now i have been working my arse off at tescos (Grr horrible place.. glad its only part time while im at 6form...) and brought a new PC few months ago and can now render stuff and manage to keep maya going on my PC without fricken crashing lol. only a few days ago i learnt to rig a character/model so i can use locators etc to move the body about... i searched for some tuts and found this wonderfull place... i love all ur work Michael Mckinley great comic btw on ur site user added image brought ur book off ebay but none have arrive in UK yet i dont think and should be here by 21st this month...

found the tuts very good also guys and thanks very much user added image hope to see some more tuts sometime soon user added image

Chewy
# 2 10-01-2005 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
Welcome to SimplyMaya. user added image Not sure what happened to the normal everybody and their brother saying hi. Look forward to seeing your work.

# 3 10-01-2005 , 10:05 PM
Subscriber
lol probably cuz it was all long winded and ppl couldnt be arsed to read through it all user added image

Chewy
# 4 11-01-2005 , 02:37 PM
hi welcome to SM user added image

I'm an ex bournemouth alumni as well :bandit:

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 11-01-2005 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
ah kool... we had a few people from framestore aswell come.. it was fantastic week user added image

Chewy
# 6 11-01-2005 , 03:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
welcome aboard! user added image and Thanks! user added image

# 7 11-01-2005 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber
hey mike user added image btw i recieved ur book today.. i flicked thru it and looks pretty good user added image.. atm im watching my family season 1 lol

Chewy
# 8 11-01-2005 , 04:58 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for purchasing. user added image I hope you see fit to throw a review my way on Amazon. user added image

# 9 11-01-2005 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
i would recommend it anyway even without reading it mate because the great service and community on here... i agree ive not been here long but i can see ppl are pretty decent user added image

Chewy
# 10 11-01-2005 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber
some of us are EVILuser added image user added imageirate:

# 11 11-01-2005 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
lol kool.. dont tempt me to join the darkside.. been there done that lol

Chewy
# 12 11-01-2005 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by vladimirjp
some of us are EVILuser added image user added imageirate:

Although I'm probably more of a Bender-style Kill-All-Humans Evil, I'd have to say that Stewie is probably the most evil person (or at least human being) on the face of the Earth! user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"