Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-08-2005 , 04:38 PM

Hello SimplyMaya!

Yes, as you may have guessed by the title, this is yet another "Hi, I'm a newb" post. I've been lurking around here for a few days and thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself and send my greetings to all you wonderful people.

To start, I'm 27 years old, a resident of the United States, and have exactly zero knowlege about Maya, 3D modeling/animation, or anything CG. I am however fascinated by it and driven to succeed. By succeed, I mean only as a recreational hobbyist. I have no intention of ever gaining employment in the field of CG.

I first became interested in computer graphical design and animation as a hobby by using the program, Gmax, that I found on a video game disc about a year ago. More recently I downloaded Maya 6 PLE from the Alias|Wavefront site and have since been lost in the vast quarry of gismos, gadgets, menus, and buttons that is Maya, and this of course, has brought me here.

I'd just like to say that I find this website helpful and wonderfully informative/educational. The free tutorials are great and if I can convince myself to part with a few dollars sometime in the near future I might get started on some of the VIP content.

Again, I'm very pleased that I was able to find this wonderful site and I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future.

# 2 29-08-2005 , 02:13 AM
SM Tea Boy
Welcome to SimplyMaya.com

Hope you learn somthing usefull.
David
Owner user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 29-08-2005 , 05:43 AM
Subscriber

Re: Hello SimplyMaya!

Originally posted by Nurb Herder

and have since been lost in the vast quarry of gismos, gadgets, menus, and buttons that is Maya, and this of course, has brought me here.

good to meet ya, hehe come to think of it. i never intro'd myself.. of course im not a big public displayer.. but I like the place too

and of course the reply to this quote. The rabbit hole never ends my friend. And since you've made it this far.. there is no turning back now.user added image

# 4 29-08-2005 , 06:49 AM
Wellcome to SM and digital creativity!
Wish you a lot of amazing works!

user added image