Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-11-2010 , 09:41 PM
Lifetime Member

Hunter-Killer 25

Ok,

much procrastination as usual for me...BUT I have decided to make this a WIP...instead of the skybike for now...I have hurt myself trying to choose the right one and thanks to my mates for thier input on which one to do. I still like 2 others but will leave themn as 2d planes for now.

Ok I have to shoot for work....but here a 2 snippets of what I have done. I have nearly blocked out the fuselage...and over the weekend (time and 2 tutorials to do) I will try and block out the intakes etc.

I will post a wireframe later today

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 11-11-2010 , 09:42 PM
Lifetime Member
and another

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 11-11-2010 , 10:37 PM
The thin red line
Add some meat to those wings Bullet......................dave

# 4 11-11-2010 , 11:06 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL yes dave...its progressive mate.....Im chewin at the body for now...the wings etc are just 2d planes ATM....they will be built on in time.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 5 12-11-2010 , 04:09 AM
Lifetime Member
Ok some wires as promised...I mucked around to get the clouds in there and now cant turn them off!! LOL oh the joys of learning...

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 6 12-11-2010 , 04:10 AM
Lifetime Member
and a bottom

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 7 12-11-2010 , 07:02 AM
Subscriber
Alright Bullet!

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 8 12-11-2010 , 07:23 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks mate!!! Its feeble really but Im having a go....cant let the Gods have it all their own way can I??? some of us noobs have to prove we can do things out of our minds....besides trying to get out of out minds...baahahahahaha...just about to flick across and see what else you have done on the bike mate.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 9 12-11-2010 , 11:47 PM
Lifetime Member
Ok blocked out the intakes on the HK25

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 10 15-11-2010 , 10:40 PM
Subscriber
you have a very cool prototype mate, you are either working from prelim sketches, or making it up as you go.

You have chosen a very sleek design, this means putting lots of detail and panels on it wont fit, so to make it look great will be a challenge because it will be a minimalist design.

If you are playing soley within maya, now is the time to print out orthographic views of the model and draw all over them in pencil to really let it feed on your imagination.

mostly some ineresting things will come up unintentionally.

very interested to see you devlope this.user added image

free memory low..exception thrown
# 11 16-11-2010 , 12:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks paldav....no its all straight out of my head...no sketches. I sat down and did about 12 of them. I basically was suffering from depression again...so had a few beers and sat down at the lappy. I still have a few more ideas for other ships as yet. I pretty much made a plane...with 4 divs....then just started pulling verts in top view until I sorta got a shape I liked...then I went to side and front and played with the verts some more.

I didnt extrude any of them...if I added a shape...purely 2D so to speak...kinda paper model in feel if you get my drift?? So if I needed a wing or engine etc I would just create CV and go from there.

I was actually thinking of lizards...and thought a lizard based shape would be good. I am trying to get a bat shape in my head as we speak...so yeh animals were my influence I guess...I was thinking of a bobtail (shingle back lizard) when I did the first few...then Cobra...etc, though I think this one is more dolphin/lizard???? dunno.

No there wont be heaps of detail....I basically want it to have 'panels/tiles' if you know what I mean...kinda 60's sci fi skin...which would also represent a reptile...hard to describe but I have it in my head. That will be the hard part...to get that across.

Glad you like it mate, yeh all Maya mate...no I didnt think of drawing. I have actually had more inspiration within Maya itself. I have duplicated the base 3 times and am modelling on one...if I see something...I will duplicate and try it...then attach to the original...but Im open to ideas for sure..thanks mate

cheers bullet

bullet1968