Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2011 , 11:16 PM

merge vertex help

my merge vertex tool is not letting me merge vertices??!!

# 2 01-03-2011 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber
select two vertices and click merge vertices.
if it doesn't work then the tolerance is too low
click the options box in the menu next to merge vertices and you'll see the tolerance thing.

personally i keep it low so when i merge two meshes together i can select all the verts and hit merge without all of them merging into one vertex.

you can change the merge tolerance as well in the mesh's history (provided you have history turned on)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 02-03-2011 , 12:08 AM
Lifetime Member
Im with chirone...I keep mine at 0.001 or 0.0001 for the same reason. If they are too far apart snap them one onto the other...or scale tool works as well..then have a go at it. If you change the tolerance...change it back LOL otherwise a cube becomes a point LOL...Ive done it

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 02-03-2011 , 12:20 AM
EduSciVis-er
Do you mean the interactive tool? How is it not working? Sometimes I find mine doesn't want to lock onto a vertex, but if I exit the tool and re-enter, it works fine.

# 5 02-03-2011 , 03:04 AM
thank you thank you thank you!!! all of u guys!