Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-02-2003 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber

Back View?/Camera Question

Hey, I was just wondering.. is there such thing as a "back viewport", or a way to make the front viewport actually look from the back, without having to move my model. Thnx.

Another thing i was wondering, is there any way to take a nurbs circle or something, and then attatch a camera onto it, and tell it to do 360 degree rotation so that i can get circular rotational movies of my models? Yea, may seem that i know how to do this.. just thats how you do it in max, how do you do it in maya user added image... if anyone can guide me on this it would be great, i dont know much about animation

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 19-02-2003 at 01:32 AM.
# 2 19-02-2003 , 01:36 AM
Subscriber
I think you have to make a new camera and set it in the opposite of your front viewport, and save the settings somehow. I'm not sure how, I just got used to not having a default back viewport user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 19-02-2003 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
Wow, fast responce.. thanks for that undseth! As for the back viewport, i dont think i really really need it, it just would of helped to a certain degree. Now i just need to figure out how to do that rotating thing user added image.

# 4 19-02-2003 , 01:48 AM
Simply Maya OG
Wouldnt you just rotate the camera itself? If not, Im pretty sure if you group the object and the camera, or parent the camera to the object and it should work.

- Hybrid
# 5 19-02-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Oh, i will be more clear.. heheh. I need a "rendered" movie of my models to show people in the future just for fun. So that i can get a rotating gif file, or image to show people. I will look up how to parent a object to another object and see if i can figure this out user added image.

# 6 19-02-2003 , 02:10 AM
Simply Maya OG
OK, I know what your doing now. Just creat a camera and aim. Put the aim at the center of the model, and keyframe the camera rotating around the model. Oh, and dont forget to set the camera at the proper height. user added image

- Hybrid
# 7 19-02-2003 , 01:33 PM
Heres how you do it:

Go to the viewpoint you want to change, then go to View > Predefined Bookmarks > Back

You can also swhich from Right/Left...etc

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 19-02-2003 at 01:38 PM.
# 8 19-02-2003 , 01:46 PM
You can just create a NURBS circle and attach the camera to it. Create the circle, edit it if you want and goto HOTBOX-Animation-MotionPaths-Attach to Path.Make sure you select the camera first and then the curve.If you goto the option box you can edit how long it will take to rotate a full 360 amongst other stuff.

# 9 19-02-2003 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
Ah wow, lots of responces, thanks guys! This answered both of my questions so thanks again.

# 10 20-02-2003 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
eh, ok i give up. I can make the nurbs circle and the camera with the aim pointing to the middle of my object, just it wont let me attatch it. And i did select the camera first, then the circle. It says this error, "Camera 1.RotateX already has a input connection". What am i doing wrong? thnx