Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-06-2004 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber

Snapping Config?

Hi all

I've been playing around with the Apache tutorial and found that snapping doesn't work the same for me as it does in the tut. I know this is probably a config issue but can't find the setting. When I select a number of vertices, select a direction and then try to snap to another vert (using v), the manipulator snaps in that direction. In the tut the selected vertices all align in the selected direction. Help?

Thanks in advance

MrR

Last edited by MrR; 29-06-2004 at 12:09 AM.
# 2 29-06-2004 , 12:38 AM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure you're clicking on the arrow of the manipulator and not the center of it.

# 3 29-06-2004 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
Hi Mike

Thanks for the response but that doesn't seem to be it. I'm definately clicking on the arrow.

Just to clarify (hard without actual video of the problem);

What I see in the tut is a number of verts are selected. The move manipulator appears at the centre of the selection. As an example, the x-axis of the manipulator is clicked and then another vert is clicked on with the middle-mouse and the 'v' key pressed. All verts align in the x-axis with the target vert.

What I get is that the manipulator aligns in the x-axis with the target vert and the selection of verts remains at their relative x-distance from the manipulator.

Thanks again

MrR

# 4 29-06-2004 , 12:55 AM
The Maya Mountain
Oh, ok. Make sure "Keep Spacing" or something of that nature is turned off in the Move Tool options.

Hold W, then Left click and hold to access the radial menu (otherwise, dbl click Move Tool).

# 5 29-06-2004 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
500 Kudos points. Thanks Mike. That's the one.

MrR

# 6 05-08-2004 , 06:10 AM
help me i can't use snap to a curve and snap to point i need this function to build so many curves to create a cloth
i've reed your post but i can't use snap(work only snap to grind )

# 7 05-08-2004 , 12:46 PM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure your Move Tool is set to WORLD and not "object" or "local".

# 8 05-08-2004 , 03:26 PM
Thanks mike for solving this... i missed it user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!