Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 25-11-2004 , 03:14 AM
Thanks for the tips Kerosene and GPMaya84! I will "fat her up" a bit then, hoping she will look more natural. Am modeling a head too, and I can assure you she isn't pretty at this very moment :p But I hope she will be after some tweaking.

# 17 25-11-2004 , 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Kerosene
Strange that, when i show my female models to my girlfriend and my female friends they always seem to say the same thing. Hips broader, shoulders wider, belly rounder, ass bigger. I think its us males seeing the world through tainted glasses (tainted with lust, love, beer or just outright stupidity- take ur pick) A fatal flaw when it comes to 3d modelling user added image

Really? Hmmm....I never knew it was a female thing to point out things like that...I guess it benefits to being a girl then. :p Lol, no I am just kidding guys! user added image Maybe it is since girls technically know their own bodies more and are able to point out the correct proportions due to personal experience...and maybe it is easier for men to model males than it is for them to model females since they tend to know the male body proportions more based on their own. So...for female modelers, the reverse could also be true! user added image It may be easier for women to model females but harder to model males. However, I could be wrong, but it is just a thought.

Originally posted by DJbLAZER
Thanks for the tips Kerosene and GPMaya84! I will "fat her up" a bit then, hoping she will look more natural. Am modeling a head too, and I can assure you she isn't pretty at this very moment But I hope she will be after some tweaking.

Anyway, DJbLAZER, I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the model! user added image I had problems with the face on my model at first, but it just took a lot of tweeking. Good luck, and I hope to see updates soon!

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 18 25-11-2004 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
That could of course be true, CGPMaya84... But maybe women are just jealous of the models that guys create user added image

-Blomkaal

# 19 25-11-2004 , 09:56 PM
Well I ain't jealous of any of the male modelers that were in my class. I actually exceeded most of the men in my class in skill in 3D Modeling-and actually a lot of the men in my class were jealous of me. :p

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 20 26-11-2004 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
I think the reference was to jealousy over the actual models. Those fine curves, toned backside, tender... God its going to be great when my lady comes over to Vancouver to visit me and I can get a life outside of Maya user added image

# 21 26-11-2004 , 06:43 AM
very nice. Hey Jango! Did you ever get that box-modeling tut up???

# 22 26-11-2004 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kerosene
I think the reference was to jealousy over the actual models. Those fine curves, toned backside, tender...

Exactly! user added image

Last edited by blomkaal; 26-11-2004 at 05:08 PM.
# 23 26-11-2004 , 05:56 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Guvna

No, not quite dude, I have been sooooooooo busy with my stuff its had to be side lined until Christmas. I'm gonna be doing a clothing one too!!

Anyway back to the thread.....

_J

# 24 26-11-2004 , 09:34 PM
Hey DJ

I've been pondering your stuff and was trying to think of a great example of body modelling, and voila its sitting in my bookmarks for ages and has now been added to my links on my site. This is a great model, stylized to a point of what I'd call satisfaction!!
Its real cool and I hope it helps you on your way and anyone else whos modelling humans, its an inspiration for me certainly. Anyway less of my rambling, check the link: https://www.ethereality.info/ethereal...ype_female.htm

Best wishes from Eula Space!!

_J

# 25 26-11-2004 , 11:02 PM
Jango, thanks buddy, thats great!

Been looking for good reference images, but have only found pictures of models, no good pics in profile, feets hands etc. Still need some good head references though, know of any? Thanks again!

# 26 27-11-2004 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber
www.fineart.sk is always a gud place to start, other than that its whip out the digital camera and start convincing ur girlfriend its in the name of art user added image

# 27 27-11-2004 , 12:22 AM
Looked at fineart, and I'm sure there are som good images there to use, but since there is no search function that could take days... (time I could spend on modeling :p )

Yes, I'll see what my girl says about that user added image

# 28 27-11-2004 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
Try this here . Theres not that many female ref's, but the ones that are there are quite good.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 29 27-11-2004 , 10:21 AM
DJ
Drop me an email, I've got some small lo res but they're very useful...

_J

# 30 28-11-2004 , 09:16 PM
Here's the head, that nose still look like crap, otherwise I think you could at least tell its a female human..hehe. Threw in the eyes and teeth so it's easier to see if I'm on the right track.

Attached Thumbnails