Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-02-2007 , 02:48 PM

Object mode not an option when right clicking on an object...

Im running maya 8 on a laptop and everything is smooth running except for one strange thing. When I right-click on an object, all options are available (faces, UV, Vertex, etc..) EXCEPT for object mode. The option is simply not there. I've deleted all preferences and even reinstalled maya trying to fix trhe problem. Anyone know of anything that can help?

# 2 16-02-2007 , 04:14 PM
object mode is only for when you are working with subdivisions... polygons and nurbs dont have that optionuser added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 16-02-2007 , 04:36 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply but I think I am confusing "object mode" with the correct term. Here is my situation with a little more clarity:

If i create a polygon cube, I should be able to right click on it and choose from a list of editable components ( Faces, Vertex, Edges) as well as selecting "Object" Which returns the object back to a green selection, correct?

Well, my problem is that the "object" option is not there at all. When I right-click, I see:

Edge
Vertex
Vertex/Face
UV
Face

While running the same version on other computers, i see:

Edge
Vertex
Object
Vertex/Face
UV
Face