Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-02-2011 , 01:36 PM
Subscriber

Question about posting rights

Hey!

Ive been following this forum regularly for many years, stopping by to check out what people are doing and to be inspired. This forum is one of the things that got me into 3D, or that made me decide to go for it, anyhow. Currently im in my first year of 3D design and animation, in Norway. And we're using 3Ds Max. but the simplymax forum is completely dead, so I was wondering if I would be allowed to post here, eventhough im not a Maya user. I read a "forum posting rules" thing and I wasnt sure, so I just wanted to ask permission before imposing on your WIP threads.

- Classical

# 2 24-02-2011 , 05:24 AM
I´m no admin here and sure don´t want to ignore their answer to come, but I think it´s ok to post here if it is made clear for everyone you don´t work with maya, since most of the members couldn´t help you with software specific advice. but why not post in the WIP section to receive critiques and comments in general. I think there´s nothing wrong with that. in the end it´s all about the result, not the software I guess.

all best!
and hope you get positive feedback from the mods

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 24-02-2011 , 08:15 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
yeah it should be fine Im sure.

You are a subscriber so........and nobody wants to turn people away

J

# 4 24-02-2011 , 11:32 AM
Administrator
No worries, just post your work here instead like Falott said its not software specific. Never was a community on simplymax its always been pretty dead but there's a few people on here that use max as well as maya.

Good luck with your 3d studies,
Nilla

# 5 24-02-2011 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot, and sorry about posting in the wrong area, there were just no posts here so I didnt think people would see it. My mistake!

Class