Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-04-2003 , 09:46 AM
Subscriber

jagged edges on object

Hi Everyone,

Can you guys help me out with this ship that I made. Its a simple ship made of lofted curves. When rendered the edges looked jagged. What settings do I need to smooth this ship out?

Please help?

Thanks in advance,
TC

# 2 15-04-2003 , 12:30 PM
Subscriber
ok here's what i got:
if it looks edgy you might need to increase the anitaliasing settings in the render globals like with the image below
--
or if your talking about the line down the middle you might need to insert some more isospams to create a smoother transiotion

# 3 15-04-2003 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
Hi mumbojumbo_13,

I did changed the setting in Render Globals
Anti-asliasing Quality
Presets = Production Quality
Edge Anti-aliasing = Highest Quality
but still looked edgy.
Your pic seems to look so much smoother. Am I still missing some setting?

Thanks,
TC

# 4 16-04-2003 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
if your running a version of maya with subd's try convertin to that then switching to display level 3 in subd mode - just press 3 on a subd object to get high display

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 16-04-2003 , 02:27 PM
Subscriber
mumbojumbo: hitting 3 for subds (or even nurbs) doesnt affect what the rendered version looks like, itll always render to the highest quality user added image the 1, 2 and 3 buttons are just for viewports

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 17-04-2003 , 03:42 PM
Subscriber
Hi Guys,

After looking through at some settings I think there is a solution to render my object smoother. In Rendering menu, select Render|Set NURBS Tesselation|Option Box. Set Curvature Tolerance to Highest Quality.

I thought you guys might want to know.

Thanks,
TC