Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-08-2006 , 08:51 AM

Booleans

I was making a few objects in Maya 7, and when i tried to a booleans operation, the two objects just get deleted. I thought it might be a prob with the settings, so i brought a cube and a cylinder into the scene and tried all three booleans operations with them. It worked perfectly with them, but i tried again with my original operations and they both disappeared off the screen again. Any clues anyone???
:headbang:

# 2 22-08-2006 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
Make sure that the elements both completely intersect one another otherwise they both disappear.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 22-08-2006 , 09:31 AM
Yeah, I had the Two objects going completely through each other. It works at times, with certain objects, but not with others...

# 4 22-08-2006 , 09:59 AM
Subscriber
I have tried that with car modeling and if I try to Boolean a cylinder into the plane of the car, they both disappear. Don't know if that is similar to you.

# 5 22-08-2006 , 10:31 AM
check to amke sure the normals are facing the same way in both geometrys if your sure they are intersected well.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 22-08-2006 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt. I am having problems when I tried to use the layout, or template, we create for the front lights in the Ferrari tutorial and the plane turns to black when I position the vertices. I used the Boolean, with success, to Boolean the template to another plane. It seem to have recreated the vertices and the all. Is this also a way to use Booleans?