Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-08-2007 , 08:03 AM

school choice

Hey there all, as far as what I've been working on, doing in the last few years of working in maya is character design. Modeling, uvw mapping, and texturing, trying to nail down animation with rigging now...

I like alot of online gaming stuff, but wish to go and do cinematic trailer stuff-high detail stuff for movies and tv, ect...

Whats some good schools you all know of?

I live in Arizona, and the only good school here is AI, Al Collins is what alot of my friends are going to for school...not me!

# 2 01-08-2007 , 03:29 PM
Jr.Who

# 3 07-08-2007 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber
These days online schools seem quite attractive.

For advanced studies please see
animationmentor.com
gnomononline.com

There could also be some cheaper ones online.

That will help if ure in Arizona or are traveling in South Africa.

Cheers.user added image

# 4 07-10-2007 , 05:55 PM
Banned
Hi there!

Hehe. Now that's cool. You got the same plans as me. I' m looking for a school where I can learn how to be an animator or modeler working on cinematics for games. Goes all the way back in the day when I saw the cinematics blizzard made in warcraft 2.

I can't really help you, because I'm having the same problem... but I can tell you that you don't need to search for a school in norway, because there is none... lol .

Sepo =)