Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-10-2007 , 01:11 AM

Strange lighting problem.

I've been trying to model a desert background for my 3D animation assignment recently and have had some issues while trying to light the stage. I've made a fairly large background with a good number of polygons, and now the lighting won't show up when I render it out. It's completlely black. Could it be graphics card? Or is it possible that my computer is once again refusing to render out anything new, as I had black while I was messing with the ambient lighting. It kind of stops rendering anything new after a while with high poly counts..

'Sup Jono.
# 2 09-10-2007 , 03:03 AM
you might want to post a screen grab of your scene so people can see what you are trying to do.

do you have a sky dome? - if your camera is outside that than your scene will be black.

# 3 09-10-2007 , 05:58 PM
There's nothing really to screenshot =\ The render is black and there's nothing wrong with the lighting or where I placed it. I was working on a similiar setting at my campus and it was working just fine. I think it is graphics card problem limiting itself to reduce stress.... Rebooting should help.

'Sup Jono.
# 4 09-10-2007 , 06:01 PM
i meant a screen grab of your screen - you never know - sometimes a fresh set of eyes can see things you might miss. user added image

hope you mange to sort it out.