Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-10-2014 , 09:46 AM

Blobby Fire render

I am pretty new to Maya fluids and currently I am having some problems with the settings?

Basically, I have an animated snake, and I am trying to make the snake on fire.
As such, I am using Maya fluids, in which I used the snake geo (did a geo cache) and make is as Emit from Object

Though I am using Maya Software to render, my fire seems more like a blob, rather than those fire kind of effect (like ghost rider, for example)
Adding on, I am not using any Fuel in my setup

Or is this just the software render issue?

# 2 08-10-2014 , 01:44 PM
EduSciVis-er
A good starting point might be to look at some fire examples in the Visor. MMB drag them into a new scene and check out some of the parameters and results. It's a lot easier than starting from scratch.

# 3 09-10-2014 , 02:30 AM
Hi stwert, I have a question though. The elements in visor, aren't they more of 'painting' rather than the actual fluids?

I mean, for example, I am trying to replicate the flameCoarse in the visor. But what I am seeing is 2 items - paint stroke and curve. I tried looking into the parameter within, correct me if I am wrong, but I am hardly seeing anything that may be of help should I be back to using fluids

# 4 09-10-2014 , 02:49 AM
EduSciVis-er
Make sure you're looking at the Fluid Examples tab, not the Paint Effects tab.