Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-04-2012 , 08:23 PM

Model techniques

I started building my first model today and it got me wondering...

'How would experienced modellers approach the same task?'

Here's an screen capture of the jawa I'm trying to recreate.

For the hood I started with a polygon plane and extruded the edges.

The body has started to be roughed out from a polygon cube.

I thought I'd ask here how you guys would approach it before I spend too long perhaps doing it wrong way.

Here's a screen grab, bear in mind I've just started it and I'm just roughing it out.

user added image

# 2 09-04-2012 , 02:17 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well I hate to try and sell you something, but i can not recommend this highly enough.

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=193&sub_cat=2

It was done by a senior modeler at Digital Domain (Jay) and will show you not only how to do it but more importantly how to do it the right way, save yourself tons of time in the long run.

I'm sure some other people will be along with some tips as well

Sorry bout the sales pitch user added image
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 09-04-2012 , 04:46 PM
Thanks David, I'll take a look at the tutorials but I'm very skint at the moment.

I'm getting there slowly.

user added image

# 4 09-04-2012 , 09:55 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well it seems like your getting there user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"